Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 33 - Friday June 10, 2011 - Mykonos, Greece




Top: Beautiful Mykonos, Greece as seen from the harbor

Bottom: I was able to have a short visit and coffee with our friend Yiannis at Fato a Mano Restaurant.

Up at 6:15 just as the sun was rising. Beautiful view over the now dark blue waters of the Aegean. Up to get my morning coffee and sat on deck watching the day begin. Did laps for 30 minutes around the track. Need to do something to lose some weight after this trip!

We anchored in the Mykonos Harbor about 9. We left the ship about 10 and I went to the bus for the beach excursion. A 25 minute ride to Elia Beach. Only about half full today – it is early in their summer season. They were still putting up the straw huts on the beach. Enjoyed beautiful Elia Beach until 2 and then the bus took us back to the city.

I asked our guide to let me off at “the upper traffic circle” like Tim and I did last summer. Walked downhill to the Elysium Hotel where Tim and I stayed last summer. Lots of people around the pool. I had Emile make me a drink at the bar and then Alex served me a delicious lunch on the balcony overlooking Mykonos City. We remembered them from last year. An enchanting view and a delicious lunch – expensive but delicious.

Walked down the hill to Mykonos City and found Fato a Mano Restaurant. I walked in and our friend Yiannis didn’t recognize me – he greeted me with “BonJour”! I gave him a big hug and we were glad to see each other. We sat and talked for a while. He seems to be doing great and I’m hopeful his “big business deal” will come to fruition for him soon. Such a positive person. Enjoyed my visit with Yiannis a lot.
Took the tender back to the ship about 6 pm and showered and dressed for dinner.

Started packing as my bag needs to be out by 11 tonight. Had drinks at one of the bars and watched the sun set over the Agean Sea. Beautiful. Watched as they loaded up the tenders back on ship and dismantled the loading platform. Then went to dinner in the dining room. Had Jeffrey from the Philippines again. Got a table by the window and watched as we sailed out of Mykonos.

Finished dinner about 10. Finished packing and put my bag in the hallway for pickup. And then to bed as I need to get up very early tomorrow. We are due into Athens (Piraeus) at 5 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment