Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 42 - Sunday June 19, 2011 - Fredericksburg, VA

Woke up at 6:30 - UGH - and turned over and slept until 8.

Made coffee and finished my laundry. It is good to have clean clothes again.

Chris and I discussed further renovations on his home. We went and had BBQ for lunch since I haven't had that in almost 2 months - it was good - along with sweet tea!

We went by Lowes and I ordered a Corian countertop for the vanity in Chris' half bath. That will finally finish the downstairs renovations that I started over a year ago but got sidetracked with various other projects. I am planning to coome back to do his upstairs guest bathroom and 2 guest rooms - lots of wallpaper to remove. Tim and I are planning a weekend in NYC and I'll come up early and do some of the renovations in either July or August.

We watched a movie on TV and then headed to the movies for a 4 pm movie - Super 8 - entertaining. An enjoyable time spent with my son.

After the movie we went to Mimi's for an early dinner and then I headed up the road to Washington, DC for the night. My flight leaves from Reagan Airport very early on Monday morning. So rather than having to get up at 4 am to get to DC on Monday I booked a hotel for the night. I also didn't want to risk running into DC work day traffic. So the Hampton Inn was very convenient to the airport and I stayed there for the night.

The traffic on I-95 in Fredericksburg was awful so I went up US 1 a ways and got on and had no trouble from there. Used the express lanes and got all of the way to the Pentagon. No trouble finding the Hampton Inn. Filled the car up with gas so that would be done. The Hampton upgraded me to a king suite on the top floor - nice digs.

Even though I'm in DC, I'll still have to get up about 6 am tomorrow so I was off to bed a little before 11. At this point, I'm very anxious and excited to get home tomorrow. Such a great trip and adventure I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment