Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 11 - Thursday May 19, 2011 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Chiang Mai, Thailand via Bangkok

Up before the sun this morning at about 6:30.

Went out for my Starbucks fix and another quick walk around downtown. All of the movie extras were packed into the outside restaurants at the mall. A person with a microphone was walking through and picking out which ones they wanted in the shoot. Fortunately, the streets were passable this morning.

Had my morning treat, retrieved my bags, checked out of the Ritz Carlton, and took a taxi to the Sentral Station where the express train leaves from to go non-stop to the airport. The airport is quite a ways out of Kuala Lumpur.

Today I'm on flights 7 and 8 of 18 flights - for a total of 1,096 miles travelled. Hope I'm getting my frequent flyer points on all of these flights!

Uneventful trip. Waited for the plane in the Thai Air Royal Silk Lounge. Had a chicken dish over rice that was STUNNING - yum!!!!

Brief stop in the Royal Silk Lounge in Bangkok and then on to Chiang Mai. LOTS of storms in the area - they tell me this is the rainy season.

Taxi to the D2 Dusit Hotel in the heart of Chiang Mai. The street market is going strong despite the rain. Checked in and then walking around a bit. To bed about 10 as my guide called about tomorrow and confirmed that they will be here at 7 am to pick me up. It is a long drive to Sukhothai so we are getting an early start.

Tomorrow is exploring ancient Siam history!

No comments:

Post a Comment