Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday May 7, 2011 - Ft Lauderdale, FL

It's hard for me to believe. Only 2 more days and I leave for my 5th trip around the world. New countries, new adventures, new foods, new experiences.

This trip will take me to San Francisco as my US jumping off point, then on to:
Manila, The Philippines
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Kathmandu, Nepal
Istanbul, Turkey
Nesebur, Bulgaria
Constanta, Romania
Odessa, Ukraine
Sevastopol, Ukraine
Yalta, Ukraine
Cruising on the Bosporus Strait
Mykonos, Greece
Athens, Greece
Geneva, Switzerland
Paris, France
Washington, DC
and then home to Ft Lauderdale in late June.

A total of 11 countries in 43 days. I'll travel over 32,000 miles on 18 flights and 1 ship.

The bags are almost packed and I believe things are in order for my departure. My friend Terry is taking me to the airport on Monday. I decided to "travel lighter" this time so I've packed for roughly one week and plan to do laundry in 3 places so I'll have clean clothes.

The excitement continues to build. "World - Here I Come!"

No comments:

Post a Comment